Midwest Cardiovascular Forum
October 17: Submissions Due
October 19: Abstract Acceptance Notification
November 4: 2023 Midwest Cardiovascular Forum
- The winners of the poster competition will be announced.
- If your poster was accepted, you can hang your poster on-site before 4 pm.
- During the reception from 4:30 – 6 pm, accepted poster presenters will have a chance to mingle with regional cardiology leaders and share their work.
Note that submissions will be judged in advance. There will be no judged in-person presentations on-site at the Forum.
- There are Fellow, Resident, and Medical Student categories in this contest.
- There are two types of entries: Case Studies and Research.
- The research or work submitted must be recent. June 2021-September 2023 is the timeframe for consideration of poster work.
- Conference registration is free to those who have a poster accepted in the competition.
Participants are asked to submit the following for each submission:
- Poster type
- Abstract (500 words maximum)
- For a research-focused abstract, please include the following headings: Background, Objective, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- For a case submission, please include a short description of the clinical case that is clear, educational, practical and real with the following headings: Background, Case summary, Discussion.
- A PDF file of the poster
- A brief video or audio presentation of your poster (approximately 5 minutes)
The deadline to submit your poster information was October 17th, 2023.
- Regional representatives of the American College of Cardiology will judge all entries prior to the start of the CV Forum.
- Presenters will be judged on the following criteria: originality, scientific content, presentation and answer to questions raised by the case.
- There will be an award for first, second, and third place in each category.
- Winners will be announced on-site at the 2023 Midwest Cardiovascular Forum.
Poster submissions are closed.